By Jennifer Brown, Founder and CEO of PeopleTactics
When was the last time you did something fun with your employees? If you can’t remember, then that’s a sure sign it’s been too long!
While it’s easy to get caught up in the day to day work that needs to be done; it’s absolutely critical to spend time with your employees doing “non-work” activities. Doing fun things together strengthens relationships, leads to more collaboration on the job, and brings more enjoyment to work…resulting in a successful business.
There are lots of ways in which to spend some relaxed, fun time with employees…here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Host an afternoon outing outdoors. Go to a neighborhood park and provide employees with activities from which to choose (e.g., bike riding, canoeing, Frisbee toss, relaxing in a hammock) and then have everyone meet up for a picnic.
- Buy tickets and go to a sporting event, concert or play together. If you have the budget, rent a suite to make the outing extra special.
- Invite employees to your home for a cook-out or meal that you prepare (or have prepared).
- Rent a bus and take your employees somewhere – winery and museum tours are always fun!
- Go on a boat for a fishing outing or a lunch/dinner cruise.
- Have a luncheon potluck and provide the drinks and dessert.
- Plan a scavenger hunt with the final clue taking employees to a restaurant to meet-up for dinner…be sure to have some prizes for the scavenger hunt winners!
- Include your employees’ families in some of the outings and events.
- Ask your employees for their ideas on fun ways to spend some time together.
Ensure you host some fun events for your employees at least a few times per year. You will find that your employees will work better together and be happier, more productive on the job, and extra committed to helping create a successful company.
Want to learn more about employee relations? Email us or give us a call at 571-587-5615. We work with our clients every day to ensure they have a great workplace environment.
PeopleTactics works with small business owners to prevent and solve Human Resources problems that can drain them of their time, money and energy.
Latest posts by PeopleTactics (see all)
- Ways to Keep Your Employees Connected to Your Business - November 29, 2017
- How Checking In With Your Employees Is Good for Your Business - November 15, 2017
- Employee Appreciation: A Happy Employee is Good for Business - November 1, 2017
- Having Fun with Your Employees Results in a Successful Business - October 18, 2017
- Gaining the Heart of Your Employees - October 4, 2017