Happy New Year!
I’m sure you’ve been busy the last few months making plans for 2019. All small business owners do. Now that 2019 is here, you’re digging in your heels and ready to initiate all those fabulous ideas and goals.
What about the resolution you didn’t make? Do you know what it is?
You need to resolve to not over-plan, over-step, over-indulge, over-stress.
Look at your list. How long is it? How much is going to get done this year, and what needs to be reconsidered for a later time?
I love your energy! Your enthusiasm is infectious! But if one thing goes wrong, those big plans could blow up in your face.
So how do you sidestep these potential explosions?
Plan for them! Seriously. You need to think of every eventuality that can get in the way of your most important goals. If you have plans B, C and D in place, moving on from plan A won’t be so daunting.
If you find that list is long and cumbersome, rethink it. Maybe it’s the priority that needs to change so you are able to chunk your goals into bite sized pieces. Once the important goals are out of the way, you can look at those other goals – stretch goals – and successfully check them off your list!
Latest posts by Ann Ball (see all)
- Turn NO into KNOW - February 13, 2019
- The Resolution You Didn’t Make - January 9, 2019
- You’re Best Stress Reliever - December 12, 2018
- Three simple ways to grow your business and celebrate the holidays at the same time. - November 14, 2018
- Productivity Booster! From Stress to PEACE in 30 Seconds - October 10, 2018