Each week, President of W3 Consulting and Managing Director of W3C Web Services (https://web.w3cinc.com/) Ray Sidney-Smith broadcasts live to update you on the latest small business digital marketing and business productivity technology updates you need to be effective.
In this week’s episode, Small Business Social Network Updates, August 2021 Edition,
- Facebook Campaign Ideas Generator
- FTC files fresh antitrust complaint seeking to break up Facebook – CNN
- Facebook’s New Bet on Virtual Reality: Conference Rooms – The New York Times
- Facebook Brings Reels to its Main App as it Seeks to Capitalize on the Short-Form Video Trend | Social Media Today
- Instagram’s @Creators on Instagram: “We’re pulling back the curtain to show how the ranking algorithm works for Reels ? Here’s how we: Determine which Reels to show Look at…”
- (5) Vishal Shah on Twitter: “PSA: there’s a new calendar tool in Insights ? It lets you to choose a custom date range for your account metrics – and we’re doubling the timeframe to 60 days for now (it’ll be 90 later this summer). We’ll keep making updates based on feedback and share more when we can. https://t.co/euP7HKlGda” / Twitter
- Twitter launches US e-commerce pilot that lets users shop from profiles | TechCrunch
- Nike, Patagonia, Walmart among brands piloting Twitter’s new e-commerce features | Marketing Dive
- (5) Revue on Twitter: “It’s here ? Today, we’re starting to test a feature that allows people to subscribe to your Revue newsletter directly from your Twitter profile. It’s available to all Revue creators immediately. To start though, your newsletters will show only for a test group on Twitter. https://t.co/YDa1aOGeLM” / Twitter
- Twitter Adds More Context About Trending Topics
- Twitter adds third-party signup with Apple or Google – The Verge
- TikTok Triples Length of Videos
- TikTok Is Testing Its Version of Instagram Stories
- Introducing Spark Ads: An authentic way for brands to elevate native, popular content | TikTok Newsroom
- YouTube is testing a cheaper ‘Premium Lite’ subscription with the only feature that matters
- YouTube Adds Video Chapter Listings in Search, Which Could be a New SEO Consideration | Social Media Today
- (34) What’s next for us and Jumprope | LinkedIn
- Snapchat Trends Shows Most Popular Keywords
- Idea Pins are Now Shoppable on Pinterest – Small Business Trends
- Reddit Valuation Soars to $10 Billion in New Funding Round – WSJ
- OnlyFans bans explicit content | TechCrunch
- Clubhouse Opens Wide: Invites No Longer Required ?
- What is Yik Yak and how to use it
- Hootsuite Acquires Conversational AI Leader Heyday for CA $60 Million – Social Media Marketing & Management Dashboard – Hootsuite
To see the prior weeks’ videos, visit Web and Beyond Live.
For future Web and Beyond Live streams, https://webandbeyondlive.com to find the latest, upcoming event by clicking on the “Watch Live on YouTube” button!
Subscribe to W3 Consulting to get notified of new videos and livestreams
? For more content from W3 Consulting, check out our podcast
Follow us on your favorite social network: